** Ladies Styling with Jayne Emily Turpin **
-> Click here for the official Facebook event <-
Sunday, 23 March
1 pm - 4 pm
The Dance Studio Leeds
An intensive 3 hour workshop in a mirrored studio, suitable for all levels and styles. A perfect opportunity for the ladies to learn from one of the most stylish dancers in the scene. This workshop will offer you intuitively applicable knowledge and technique to develop your own style. As always, we try and keep our workshops small and make sure its a more personal and interactive session.
£25 on the door
Maximum 24 attendees.
* Please note that there are only 19 more places available. 5 out of 24 have been pre-booked and another 7 are temporarily reserved. Please get in touch as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out.
The Dance Studio Leeds
6, Mabgate Mills
Leeds, LS9 7DZ
Sat Nav Postcode – LS9 7SW.
The workshop will cover:
- Working on the basics to ensure a sound technique
- Exploring ways to enhance the body's natural movement
- Styling the basic step, turns and spins
- Learning basic arm patterns that are dance floor friendly
- Styling basic shines and footwork combinations that can be used both in and out of hold
- Improving body movement through the use of isolations, exercises, body rolls, waves etc.
A little bit about Jayne:
Jayne's obsession with dance started at an early age, training in ballet, tap, contemporary and jazz. At seventeen she walked into a salsa club and never looked back! In the years that followed she learnt on2 with renowned mambo teacher Gary Thomas and traveled throughout Europe and the US acquiring knowledge and feeding her ever-growing passion.
In 2006 Jayne formed a teaching partnership with Gary Thomas and Mamboleo Dance Company was born. Known for their solid technique and effortless style, they are now two of the most talented and well respected dancers, teachers and choreographers in the UK.
Jayne takes inspiration from both the New York and Cuban salsa scene which is reflected in her unique style and performances. She brings energy and personality to the dance floor and is always looking to enhance and expand her repertoire. Her warm and friendly approach has proved a winning combination with students and dancers alike.
See you there! Yes, I'll be joining in too ;) Its going to be an awesome afternoon!!