Salsa Rocks are delighted to bring back Emil Prysak to Leeds for his awesome Spins, Turns and Isolations workshop!!
This three hour workshop, aimed at both leaders and followers, will help you work on your multiple spins and turns with emphasis on improving balance, control and generating your own momentum to make your spins smooth and effortless. You'll also work on isolations that help you express the music without interfering with your leading or following.
When & WhereSaturday 5 March
2pm - 5pm
Dance Studio Leeds, Mabgate, LS9 7SW.
CostAdvance booking - £18 (Only £6 an hour for 3 hours!!!)
On the door - £21 for 3 hours
Please contact Rahul on 07787422579 or via facebook to Book your place!
Limited availability. 20 places only!
The first and last hour will be for spins and turns and the middle hour for isolations, giving you a little break from spinning. 2x 5 min breaks or slightly longer depending on how hardcode everyone is feeling! Don't worry, Emil has a lot of experience in teaching spins workshops and runs the drills and routines in a way that minimises any dizziness :)
What to expect from this workshop- Work on spinning technique, moving up from single to double to triple spins and further depending on how quickly you can learn :)
- How to generate more energy to easily finish those extra couple of spins you've been trying to!
- Better balance and control while turning and spinning, and drills to practice.
- Leaders will learn to make it easier to add their own turns within moves.
- Followers will be able to improve their ability to follow moves with multiple turns and spins.
- Stretching your limits in the range and speed of your isolations (focus on the chest and shoulders in this session)
- Adding some chest and shoulder isolations while leading and following.
You'll be able to record videos of drills that will continue to help you practice and imrprove.
About EmilEmil has been dancing salsa for more than a decade. Since 2007 he has performed and taught in various cities in the UK freelance as well as with Mel C including Mambo City 5* Congress, Scottish Salsa Congress, and Salsa Central Weekender.
In 2011 he started his own 3 hour workshops in Birmingham as well as taking it on tour to other cities in England. It was at his Spins Workshop in Manchester that I first met him :)
Emil excels as one of the most natural dancers on the circuit. His dancing as a lead is simply amazing and if you have never seen him dance as a follower, I can tell you he is absolutely outstanding! That is why he is a perfect choice in providing material equally for men and ladies.